1. Resource Development/ Administration Intern (Tel Aviv based)
• Supervised by Resource Development Officer
• Assists in donor outreach, research on prospective donors and letters of first inquiry, and donor communication/reporting
• Writing EcoPeace’s annual report
2. Research Intern (Tel Aviv/Amman/Bethlehem based)
• Supervised by relevant Project Coordinator
• Intern will assist in research that is integrated into EcoPeace’s ongoing projects.
3. Sharhabil Bin Hassaneh, Jordan Eco-Park Intern
• Supervised by Deputy Director, Jordan
• Implementing educational activities in the EcoPeace EcoPark
4. Auja Environmental Education EcoPark Intern, based at center in Auja, Palestine
• Promotes the Auja EcoPark in travel guides, vis a vis local and international tour companies and tour guides
• Drafts promotional material for center
• English editing of publications and reports related to the center
• Support for website development
• Support for environmental education activities for local and international visitors and groups
• Support for on-site development
• Supervised by Auja EcoPark Manager and Director, Bethlehem Office
• Auja Intern will live on-site in the Auja Guest house integrating themselves into the Auja team and community.
• Beginning level Arabic strong advantage
Note: 70% of the internship will be devoted to the intern’s project. The remaining 30% will consist of general support activities, including:
• Logistical support for upcoming events/ activities
• Follow up with international media
• Small research projects
• English writing/ editing
• Administrative support as needed
• Urgent needs of the organization
- Contributing to Social Media as needed
• Interns will meet with their respective supervisors bi-weekly for feedback and review, and meet monthly with the Director in their office. Interns must be self motivated and able to work independently.
Good Water Neighbors project \ Adults Sector
- Collecting data from municipalities, ministers to develop (write) a project brief for the priority in each community.
- Writing a full project brief (could be more than one)
[The priority project is a project that aims to reduce any negative environmental/ water problems that is causing pollution].
- Meet with residents and community coordinator and municipal staff to identify a priority project, in each community that has a cross-border impact.
- Advance older priority project through:
1. Fund raising, writing letters to funders explaining about the priority and the need to do it.
2. Lobbying government body such as ministers and municipalities.
- Research: online, by phone, documentation etc.
- Data compilation; analyzing data, structuring, evaluation
- Basic accounting and budgeting
- Conducting interviews, evaluating results
- Writing summaries and brief reports
- Contacting organizations, public and private entities
- Going to SHE Ecopark and helping with operational tasks on site (willingness to stay overnight at SHE)
- Very good command of English is needed
- Very good communication skills
Must have strong background in environmental issues and is expected to work alongside the media officer to produce content for both print and social media.
(3) EcoPeace’s Bethlehem team is looking for an intern to support programming at our Auja EcoCenter. This is a great opportunity to learn about transboundary water issues on the ground, while gaining valuable professional experience from a diverse range of fields including ecotourism, water management and environmental education! Candidates must have mother-tongue level English and a background in environmental issues. The intern will be based out of our Bethlehem office with regular work at our Auja EcoCenter. The position is available immediately for six months.